- To provide each child with an individual test before entry to select the most suitable educational program for the child.
- To set up an individual educational program for those children who have physical , intellectual or mental disabilities, for example , Down Syndrome , Delayed Development , Cerebral Palsy ( CP ) , Autism , Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ( ADD / ADHD ) Learning Disabilities ( LD ) and Multiple Handicapped.
- To provide special treatment , for example speech therapy , physiotherapy , music therapy , as well as coaching to prepare for entry into the normal education system.
- To provide counseling and specific information to parents / practitioners about looking after children with special needs.
- To train teachers and personnel in special education , and support research in teaching , teaching equipment and other services.
- To work with medical and other personnel aiding children with special needs.
- To be a place of work experience for students , personnel and those involved with children with special needs.
Learning and Development Promotion Program
Pre – School Program
Age 2 – 12 years old
- Develop Gross motor and Fine motor skills
- Develop language learning ability and communication through verbal and nonverbal language
- Develop self – reliance skills in all areas
- Develop emotional and social skills
- Develop learning ability and intellect
- Prepare for entry into Inclusion program in regular school
Pre – Vocational and Vocational Program
Age 12 years and over
- Develop necessary life skills
- Develop language communication skills
- Develop social skills
- Develop vocational skills
- Prepare for occupation
Special Development and Learning Program
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Academic tuition (to help children catch up with their school learning)
- Sensory integration training
- Computer training
- Summer camps